I like MS Paint for its simplicity. It’s small, fast, and quite handy for creating a simple button/banner (Like the one you see below Capt. Jack Sparrow’s picture on the sidebar).
Until I found Paint.NET. This program’s loading time is slower to MS Paint by less than 1 second. So it’s nothing to complain. The interface is almost similar to MS Paint
Some feature comparison between MS Paint and Paint.NET:
|Tabbed document interface||no||yes|
|Number of Colors Supported||28 (although you can select other colors by going through the menu: Colors – Edit Colors – Define Custom Colors)||alot|
|Special Effects (sharp, blur, emboss, distortion, etc.)||no||yes|
And a lot more features …
And the best part, it’s open source. The online community is very active. So you can expect many plugins written by the community.
Paint.NET Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP (SP2 or later), or Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2003 (SP1 or later)
- .NET Framework 2.0
- 500 MHz processor (Recommended: 800 MHz or faster)
- 256 MB of RAM (Recommended: 512 MB or more)
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- 200+ MB hard drive space
- 64-bit support requires a 64-bit CPU that is running a 64-bit version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2003, and an additional 128 MB of RAM
Get Paint.NET Now!!!