This week I will be stationed at Penjuru warehouse office, somewhere near Jurong East. I will be assisting the delivery arrangement for goods to the customer. My main job would basically calling customer, confirming the delivery date and time. I think it will be fun 🙂
The last time I was doing something like this was many years back, during my university days. It was during the school break, a friend offered us to go for part time job in a call center. Our job is to call a list of numbers, and asked them for survey. It was a sure though job. I don’t think people will waste their time answering questionnaire without anything in return 🙂
This time, it is much easier. Listening that your goods will arrive soon is much more better than answering questionnaire 🙂
Few things that I learned from making a number of phone calls this morning:
- Always greet the customer with his/her surname. It is a courtesy to do so
- Smile while you are talking. Somehow people actually can ‘hear’ your smile
- Confirm the details of the goods to be delivered, and the shipping address
- Be careful when customer requested for change of address, or change of recipient. To prevent fraudulent recipient, a further confirmation with the actual buyer is a must.
- Repeat all things that has been confirmed.
- Say ‘Thank you and have a nice day’ before putting down the phone
What do you think?
a WordPress rating system