If you notice, this blog is now have new Favourite Icon. OK I admit, I ripped off the from Google’s logo color-set. But as my friend pointed out, I could have ripped off the color-set from Windows too 🙂
Since it is very easy, I won’t go through the details. I’ll just give you these steps. I hope you can figure it out on your own. 😉
- Create a new Image in Paint.NET. The canvas must be in square shape. I usually use 200×200 size.
- Use ColorPic to find out the color codes used on existing image.
- Once image complete, start Junior Icon Editor. Create all the possible size combination (16×16, 24×24, 32×32, 48×48, 64×64)
- On Paint.NET, resize the Image to 64×64, select All (Ctrl + A), Copy (Ctrl + C) the image
- On Junior Icon Editor, select the 64×64 part, Paste (Ctrl + V) the image
- Repeat above two steps for remaining sizes
- On Junior Icon Editor, save the image as favicon.ico
- Upload the favicon.ico to the root folder of your website / blog
- Profit?!??! 😀
Once you’ve done above steps, you can test it whether it works. Below is the picture of SODEVE’s favicon.ico in various browsers:
I hope it helps 😉 Cheers!
a WordPress rating system