Hi all. I have managed to patch the WP-Translate and tested it on WordPress 2.2.
Current Version: 2.2
WP-Translate is a simple drop in way for users to view your blog in their language. Its easy for any most users to add this functionality to their site.
WP-Translate utilizes the following Online translation services:
- Alta Vista’s Babel Fish (for translation from English to : French, German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Simplified/Traditional Chinese)
- IBM’s Websphere Translation (for translation from English to: Brazilian Portuguese)
- Interpret (for translation from English to: Bahasa Indonesia, Swedish, Norwegian, Afrikaans)
WP-Translate 2.2 Release Notes
Added the following language for translation:
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Chinese Traditional
- Brazilian Portuguese
WP-Translate works with WordPress 1.5 up to WordPress 2.2 (Tested on WordPress 2.2)
Your web server should able to execute PHP.
- Upload the wp-translate directory to your plugins folder, usually wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin on the plugin screen.
- Add <?php wptranslate(n); ?> to your template where you want the list. n can be either 1 or 2. 1 is for a vertical display. 2 makes it horizontal.
Special Installation instructions for non-Wordpress users
As I mentioned before, as long as your Web server supports PHP you should be able to use this plugin. Please follow this steps:
- Extract the zip file
- Edit wp-translate.php which is located in wp-translate directory
- At line 103, replace $img_loc = get_settings(’siteurl’) . ‘/wp-content/plugins/wp-translate’; with $img_loc = ‘/wp-translate’;
- Save the file
- Upload the wp-translate directory to your root folder.
- In the page you want the flags to be displayed, put <?php include_once(realpath($_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’]).’/wp-translate/wp-translate.php’); ?> in the first line of the file.
- Add <?php wptranslate(n); ?> anywhere you want the flags to be displayed. n can be either 1 or 2. 1 is for a vertical display. 2 makes it horizontal.
The previous version can be found here:Sodeve’s WP-Translate 2.1
If you like this plugin, please link-back to this post, or add me to your blog-roll. Would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Having problem with installing the plugin? You have ideas for the plugin? Post a comment and I will try my best to help you.
Update: 5 June 2007
Users of this plugin: