browse by category or date

Another super late posting 😀 What’s wrong with this month, I somehow lazy to update this blog even though so many interesting things that happened this month.

Anyway, in the first week of this month (July, 2008) we decided to climb Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. As I mentioned in our previous ‘adventure’, we reached Bukit Timah quite late, like 5 something PM. So climbing up is out of question that time.

So now after one week break, we decided to continue the adventure. That Saturday morning was quite cloudy. I went to Keat Hong Market to buy my lunch packet. I planned to have my lunch later on at the forest 😀 And no, I won’t share them with the monkeys.

And yeah, enjoy the gallery 🙂

[nggallery id=3]

Once reached the Dairy Farm Hut, we took a rest. I had my lunch. What a delicious meal. Taste even better with my growling stomach. And as usual, when I enjoyed my food too much, the brain loses the coordination between the mouth, tongue and throat. That’s quite over descriptive of saying ‘I choke my food’ *Grin*

After finishing my meal, I insist to wait until my lunch settle at my belly we decided to rest a little bit longer. While we are relaxing, someone stopped by and joined us to rest at Dairy Farm Hut. We introduce our self to him, vice versa. He’s from France, already working in Singapore for a few months. He admitted that he under estimate BTNR’s toughness, while pointing to his shoes. They are those tan casual leather shoes that you usually use for clubbing 😀

Well, I totally forgot that what comes down, must go up. I know, it should be the other way round. But we were at the valley, so now must climb up to reach the other side of the hill. Sigh…what a treat to my stomach..

Halfway on our way back to the Visitor’s Center, the drops of water started to fall from the sky. Shucks, I didn’t bring my umbrella. While my buddy teasingly flaunting her umbrella. Yeah dude, I get it. I guess I’ll end up wet.

Thank You God for answering my prayer. The rain did not become heavier, it stopped. So we I can reach the Visitor’s Center only wet from my sweat, not drenched by the rain 😀

Since we finished hiking the longest route only within 3-4 hours, we decided to go somewhere. Somehow it just felt awkward to part ways when the sun still shining brightly. So we went to Marina Square looking for travel equipments. My buddy is planning to go for a backpacking trip to Bangkok, Hong Kong, and then Indonesia.

After few hours of window shopping and the actual shopping, my stomach was growling again. So we went to the Food Court at Level 3.

Unknown to us, apparently that day there is National Day Parade Rehearsal. Although it’s just a rehearsal, the fireworks were real!!!

What a great way to end the day. After the whole day sweating climbing up and down at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, and then followed by hours of shopping, and then dinner. Great Fireworks indeed.


GD Star Rating

About Hardono

Hi, I'm Hardono. I am working as a Software Developer. I am working mostly in Windows, dealing with .NET, conversing in C#. But I know a bit of Linux, mainly because I need to keep this blog operational. I've been working in Logistics/Transport industry for more than 11 years.

No Comment

Add Your Comment