Today, I decided to test an old in-ear headphones that has been gathering dust in my table to see if it’s still working. Unfortunately, I found that left speaker is not as loud as the right speaker. Using it to listen any music will give me a disorienting effect. I was half-way from throwing this headphones into the rubbish bin. Suddenly, I remember that we can actually adjust the volume balance in Windows.
Here’s how I did it in my Windows 10 Professional:
- Right click on the Volume Icon in the System Tray. It will pop up something like below.
- Click Sounds. A new window will pop up like below
- Click Playback tab.
Once above window show up, select the active device, then click Properties.
- Now the Speaker’s window will pop like below.
Click the Levels tab.
- In the Levels tab, click the Balance button, as shown below.
- Now the Balance window will pop up.
With this we can now adjust the balance between left and right speaker. The best way to adjust is while listening to music. This way we know immediately the best balance setting for the headphones.
That’s all. I hope it helps.
speaker balance control