Update on number of confirmed cases, and temporary closure of all mosques in Singapore:
[Sent by Gov.sg]
COVID-19: 12 Mar Update
As of 12pm:
New cases: 9
Total cases in Singapore: 187
Discharged today: 0
Total discharged: 96
Total remaining in Hospital: 91
Of the new cases, 3 are part of the SAFRA Jurong cluster, 5 are imported cases, and 1 is linked to a previous case.
Most in hospital are stable or improving. 9 are in the intensive care unit.
There is no change to the DORSCON level.
Temporary closure of mosques, suspension of mosque activities
– 4 mosques closed after confirmed case found to have frequented these mosques
– From 13 Mar, all mosques will be closed for 5 days for disinfection
– Mosques will cancel all mosque activities and classes for next 2 weeks
– Friday prayer at all mosques will be suspended on 13 Mar
PM’s update on the current Singapore condition in regards to COVID-19:
[Sent by Gov.sg – 12 Mar]
COVID-19 situation in S’pore
– More imported cases expected as global numbers rise
– More travel restrictions may be needed
– If there are many cases here, may need to hospitalise only those seriously ill; those with mild symptoms to see GP, rest at home
SG is NOT going to DORSCON Red
— We have the situation under control
– Measures to help affected businesses, workers
– Govt working on 2nd package of measures
👩⚕ Frontline staff working hard
💪 Singaporeans’ support crucial to overcome this
Everyone can do their part
– Practise good personal hygiene, adopt new social norms 🧼🙌
– Maintain social distancing 👋
Stay safe and do social distancing, everyone!