Advisory for the incoming Foreign Domestic Worker
[Sent by Gov.sg – 16 Mar]
COVID-19: Advisory for those with foreign domestic workers (FDWs)
All FDWs arriving in S’pore after 16 March 2020 must serve a 14-day Stay Home Notice (SHN).
– Obtain MOM’s approval before confirming the FDW’s flight to S’pore
– Ensure a place of residence for the FDW to serve the SHN
✅ FDWs are strongly encouraged to stay at home on their rest day. Employers should not assign work to FDWs on rest days, or they can compensate in lieu.
✅ For FDWs with plans to travel home, employers should urge them to postpone their travel until the situation stabilises.
Update on number of confirmed and discharged cases and extension of Mosques temporary closure:
[Sent by Gov.sg]
COVID-19: 16 Mar Update
As of 12pm:
New cases: 17
Total cases in Singapore: 243
Discharged today: 4
Total discharged: 109
Total remaining in Hospital: 134
Of the new cases, 11 are imported cases, 4 are linked to previous cases and 2 are currently unlinked.
Most in hospital are stable or improving. 13 are in the intensive care unit.
Extension of temporary closure of mosques
– Mosques to close for 9 more days until 26 Mar
– Friday prayer on 20 Mar suspended
– Call to prayer adapted with call to community to perform prayers at home
– Mosques to produce more learning and talks via online content
– MUIS will implement enhanced measures to limit spread of COVID-19 upon mosques reopening
Malaysia’s PM announced a total lockdown starting on 18 Mar 2020. No Malaysians are allowed to leave the country, and no foreigners are allowed to come in.
Stay safe everyone!
a WordPress rating system